Pages

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, July 31, 2010

[DucatiST] Re: Pirelli angel st

 

With the Pirelli Strada, the wear bars are on the side flutes. The center strip has no tread, so there's really no good way to check the tread depth if you severely flat spot it, like I did. The wear bars all looked really good. I just chose my routes poorly. That, and high speed in the rain eats up rubber kinda quick I guess.
I looked more closely at my records and it was almost exactly 3,000 miles to the cords.
This next tire, I'm going to wear out edge to edge.

Cheers,
Phil

--- In st2_owners@yahoogroups.com, alasdair cameron <thejockabroad@...> wrote:
>
> Sounds like you should be checking tread depth more often!!!!
>
> It's a bit scary when you see the "shiny stuff" poking through....
>
> Alasdair
> 2002 ST4S
> 1955 BSA B33
>
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Hank Stump or Henk Staal <
> hankstump@...> wrote:
>
> > I put on a Pirelli Strada less than 2500 miles ago, and it is completely
> > toast. I was lubing my chain and noticed a shiny spot, as in steel cords.
> > I did a very wet ride to Salt Lake City (900 miles each way) and some short
> > local rides and the tire is gone. Crying shame too, since I never hit the
> > wear bars on the sides. I guess too much straightline riding. If you spend
> > more time in the twisties, you will get the tire to last longer.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Phil
> >
> > --- In st2_owners@yahoogroups.com, Robert McNabb <rockingm_50remuda@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Just got to say, I put new angels on my bike about 1000 miles ago now 3
> > weeks or so.
> > > In that time I've been in more rain than any year previous. The Pirellis
> > are great tires in the rain and in the dry. Got the pair for $250 on sale.
> > Haven't tried any Avons.
> > >
> > > Robert McNabb
> > >
> > > Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia
> > >
> > > ST4 1999 RED
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > To unsubscribe from the list please send an email to:
> > st2_owners-unsubscribe@...! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from the list please send an email to: st2_owners-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment