Pages

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, October 31, 2010

[DucatiST] Heli Bar Install on an '04 ST3 - Is the brake line long enough?

 

Hello all,

I have been enjoying my lurking for the last few months and now find myself needing some feedback. I installed the Helibar lugs on the ST3 today and found that at thier highest position, the front brake line appears to be too taught. I could lower the lugs and still be happy with the placement if I had some way of knowing what the fork's true full extension looked like.

Can I use the full extension of the fork that I get when the front wheel is off the ground as the travel limit or should I add a few fractions of an inch to cover greater extension when the fork is in action? I have room to drop the Helis down about 3/8" and feel that there is sufficent brake line slack with weight off the fork. But, I don't know if this is the true limit or if the fork could extend even further?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Flip

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from the list please send an email to: st2_owners-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment