Pages

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Re: [DucatiST] Hibernating batteries over Winter

 



--- In st2_owners@yahoogroups.com, Jan Wysocki <st@...> wrote:
>
> Alistair,
> that's basically ok, but a lot of faff to go through. Ok, if you don't
> have better things to do with your time:) (But what can I say, I spent
> yesterday making marmalade instead of buying it.)

Oh good man! There's a tenner that says the marmalade made here at IP22 2JJ is tastier than any made in Norwich!! By the way, Carl has done a job on my ST4 (no cam/rocker wear in 30K miles) and I should get it back today.

Anyway, Alistair; no way would your plan be worthwhile in my book, when application of a float charger on a periodical basis will keep the battery fine. I prefer not to hook the Optimate up longterm, partly because it's been suggested that batteries can boil dry, and mostly because I have too many batteries that need charging! Just a thought: the concept of the surface a battery sits on having an effect on self-discharge must surely relate to any film of moisture/condensation over it. A wood floor will be much warmer than a concrete one, after all.

NickW, UK

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from the list please send an email to: st2_owners-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment