Pages

Ads 468x60px

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Re: {Disarmed} [DucatiST] Engine mounting bolts

 



--- In st2_owners@yahoogroups.com, "Va duc" <maxgillaspie@...> wrote:
>
> Regardless of the year I would check the bolts for torque annually and replace once stretched, the risk is not worth it IMHO.
> That is all.
>
> --- In st2_owners@yahoogroups.com, "greig22000" <greigtaylor@> wrote:
> >
> >
> > Nick,
> >
> > Thanks for the reply, that's good to know and it saves some cash. The ST came out of Florida with about 7,000 miles on it. I took it to a dealer up here ( Canada )and had the belts done, valves adjusted etc. just to make sure all was good. I changed the oil, put a K&N filter in and rode it all of last summer. Just a great bike. The FJ 1200 is a lot of fun but the ST is much lighter and easier to ride.
> > Thanks again for the advice.
> >
> > Greig
> >
>
Greig & Fellow Ducatistas,

This is quite the coincidence. I am soon to be 56 years old and you are the only person that I have ever run into that spells their name the same as mine. My Mother named me William Greig Powell III. I was an only child, there was no Jr., Sr., or 2Nd, she thought it sounded impressive, you had to know Edna. She said it was after the classic composer, Grieg, but his spelling is different.

I bought an ST 3, 2004 model with @ 7000 miles and it came from Florida too. That was about a year and 1/2 and @ 3000 miles ago. I have since installed the engine bolts made by Nichols Motorsports, 510-683-8804. They were $220.00 for the set of two. Titanium would probably cost 4-5 times that much and I think would be too brittle for that application. Welcome to Ducksville and the list.

Good Luck,

Greig Powell

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from the list please send an email to: st2_owners-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment