Pages

Ads 468x60px

Thursday, June 30, 2011

RE: [DucatiST] fuel pump er sumtin

 

Swap the relays under the seat check battery ground and negative by oil sending switch, I think.

Larry A Swanson

98ST2

 

-----Original Message-----
From: st2_owners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:st2_owners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Robert McNabb
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 4:16 PM
To: ST Owners
Subject: [DucatiST] fuel pump er sumtin

 

 

The bike has a new quirk, started like a miss and I replaced a plug and she ran sort of fine the last 70 miles or so of the trip over fathers day weekend. Not real sure the plug fouled but she would run on 1 cylinder a bit then 2 then back to 1 then 2 then back....you get the drift.
Got home and a couple of days later I replaced both plugs and started to crank it up and it wouldn't crank up. Thought I had a fuel problem so I pulled the tank and changed the filter, the old one wasn't clogged however, put it back together and she ran great that day to make a 40 mile or so paint run. Next day she started running a bit rough after I'd run her a while.
Then yesterday, could get it to crank, put my ear to the tank as I turned the key and didn't hear the pump at first then heard the pump and she fired up and ran great over to a friends garage, then got to running rough on the way home and in my garage it wouldn't hold 4k revs smoothly.

Does this sound like a pump to y'all, I wish I had a remote fuel pressure gauge cause I checked it the night before all this and it held a steady 47lbs. But, it could go funky once it's ridden and warmed good.

Hep!

Robert McNabb
Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia
ST4 1999 RED

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from the list please send an email to: st2_owners-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment