Pages

Ads 468x60px

Thursday, June 30, 2011

RE: [DucatiST] Re: Ducati High Beams

 

>All I can say is that I sure hope you're offering the pictured light at a discount, as "used, slightly soiled."
>
>
>And if the discount's deep enough, well, I'm not proud. :-)
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>What was it, I wondered, that so mystified and eluded British engineers when it came to the design of gaskets, seals and mated surfaces? They never did get >the idea, right up to the end, that fluids belong on the inside of the engine, while fresh air and sunshine belong on the outside... - Peter Egan

I find the juxtaposition of the photo, the phrase "slightly soiled" and a quote about "mated surfaces" and where fluids belong slightly disturbing...

IanE

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from the list please send an email to: st2_owners-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment