Pages

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

[DucatiST] Re: Another Non-Starter (long response)

 



--- In st2_owners@yahoogroups.com, Robert McNabb <rockingm_50remuda@...> wrote:
>
> I haven't read all the responses but here's mine.
> My bike took to occasionally having fits like you describe. I found the fuel pump relay was
> going. Occasionally it would have a fit and kill the bike. I replaced it earlier this summer and haven't had a fit since. Now I wish I hadn't typed that cause I'm jinxed....
>
> Robert McNabb
>
> Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia
>
> ST4 1999 RED
>
> --- On Mon, 11/28/11, Phil Carstensen <colordoc2@...> wrote:
>
> From: Phil Carstensen <colordoc2@...>
> Subject: [DucatiST] Re: Another Non-Starter (long response)
> To: st2_owners@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Monday, November 28, 2011, 5:24 PM
Yep- replaced both relays before I tackled the fuel pump/fuel hose thing- Do the easy/cheap stuff first.
I'm not sayin' I have the absolute answer to the question. I haven't found the "smoking gun" yet.
I'd love to find:
- Friend's bike runs OK till I try to accelerate-main jet lying in the float bowl; Honda 740/4
Samne friend; different bike- idles fine, but lacks power on top end; Air filter covered in grease and dirt; Silverwing 650
I've been working on this whole issue for quite a while. Why? Because I luv my ST2!

Phil

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from the list please send an email to: st2_owners-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment