Pages

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, March 31, 2012

[DucatiST] Brand new 2006 St3

 

Hi everyone,

Yesterday, I got to pick up my new, second hand bike. It's a 2006 St3 with less than 9000km on the clock, in the fastest color available. She 'll be replacing the St4s I wrecked in October last year.
The St4s, I fixed to the point she was more or less ridable again (replaced front forks, front brake disks and some body rework), but could never get her to be the old one again. The frame is slightly bent is such a way the front tire touches the cylinder when the front forks are suppressed.

First impression of the new bike: terrible!
Riding home from the guy I bought her from was hell. She just didn't feel right in every corner, sometimes really even scared me.
At home, the problem became apparent very quickly: both tires had about 1 bar of pressure in them. After putting some air in the tires, and stiffening the suspension a bit, I went for a new ride. The feeling now was completely the opposite from the first ride. Smooth in every corner, either slow or quick, stable as a rock. And what a great torque in the low revs compared to the St4s.
In the coming weeks, I will evaluate if the rear suspension is adequate, or if I need to transfer the Ohlins from the St4s to the St3.
Anyway, I have about 2.5cm of unused tire to be burnt in the next couple of days :-).

Greetz,
Bart

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from the list please send an email to: st2_owners-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment