Pages

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Re: [DucatiST] Re: How long do cam belts last?

 

On 7/31/2012 11:24 AM, Jack Ward wrote:
   
    +1
 

I tell all my customers the same thing: Ducati says 2 years or 12,000 miles on bikes before 2007. I also tell them that it's their decision. If you feel confident/lucky, then change them at whatever interval you choose. Personally, I think replacing them is cheap insurance.
 
No disrespect intend to anyone.............YMMV


On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 9:20 PM, Michael Menard <mpmenard@comcast.net> wrote:
 

Very interesting.  I started this post. I emailed my mechanic today ( Ducati certified, etc., etc., nationally recognized, worked on AMA Ducati race bikes and teams… but I'll not name him here), described all of the details on the two bikes, he came back with "5 years, 12,000 miles". I'm taking one bike in this week (he happened to have an opening), and the other 3 years and 3000 miles not to worry.

 

Anyhow, interesting discussions. I'd love to be that fly on the wall, cataloging belts, miles and age against some objective assessment.

 

Thanks again,

 

Beppe

 




--
Jack Ward
'00 ST4 Ducati (New Street)
'92 750ss Ducati (Restoration Project)
'63 H-D Panhead (Old Ratbike)
Now in Woodstock, GA, USA


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from the list please send an email to: st2_owners-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment