Pages

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, September 30, 2012

RE: [DucatiST] End of the line

 

Paul,

Are you going to be supplying spare parts or do I need to stock up? Are the
bulbs readily available or are they special? I eventually plan to get the
taillight as well. Are they hanging around?

Great product, I'm almost sorry that I bought it used and not directly from
you.

Dave G
Aka The Goochman

-----Original Message-----
From: st2_owners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:st2_owners@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of pg
Sent: September-30-12 8:25 PM
To: st2_owners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DucatiST] End of the line

After Dec 31, 2012, the Ducati Designs Sport Touring Headlight Upgrade will
no longer be available. It has been an amazing run, but sales have pretty
much bottomed out in the past year. Established owners of these fine bikes
are well past the upgrading phase and new owners of 10-15 year old bikes are
just not likely to install such an expensive upgrade. The cost to keep
inventory on the shelf to be able to support reasonable lead times is just
not justified by such a low run rate, and the product does not lend itself
to "build to order" manufacturing. If a "group buy" were organized in the
future, I might be able to fill it.

When I started this project back in 2002, I really planned to build just one
for myself. 10 years and over 1,500 headlights later, the product's
popularity has exceeded my wildest dreams. It is very rewarding that so many
of you have put your trust in me and the product and discovered that riding
after dark doesn't have to be frightening. But by far the biggest reward is
the scores of life-long friends I have made along the way. I will continue
to look for innovative products to offer and hopefully, keep Ducati Designs
sailing for the foreseeable future.

Thanks to all of you, my friends.

pg
DD

------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from the list please send an email to:
st2_owners-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.comYahoo! Groups Links

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.2221 / Virus Database: 2441/5299 - Release Date: 09/29/12

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.2221 / Virus Database: 2441/5299 - Release Date: 09/29/12

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from the list please send an email to: st2_owners-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment