Pages

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, September 30, 2012

RE: [DucatiST] Re: insurance question - UK listers only

 

> > So many factors - age (47) location (Cotswolds, very low risk) classic
> > bike based (actuarially says safe risk) no convictions or accidents in
> > years, and as it's a classic based policy there's no NCB, it's a flat
> > premium. Bikes on risk currently - Condor A350, Darmah, VX800, SRX600,
> > Elefant 900ie, 907ie, Multistrada 620, Superlight.
> >
> > IanE
> >
>
> So which is the prime one? My ST4-based policy (comp) with 4 other bikes
is
> as much, and the other policy with nothing bigger than 805cc comes pretty
> close. Both are formal policies, not classics, for a rider considerably
older with
> unblemished record in darkest Norfolk....
>
> Anyway, tell me what you think of the Condor: I love odd-ball bikes!
>
> NickW, UK

I believe the Superlight is the highest risk and basically you pay the
premium on that and the others get thrown in for free. I must steel myself
and call tomorrow to add the others - when I've had Multistrada 1000s before
they have been the highest risk and it'll be interesting (gulp!) to see if
that or the 748 is higher.

The Condor is great, underpowered (18bhp) but sounds like a proper Ducati
single. When I got it I had a problem starting it but swapping the lawnmower
spark plug for a proper one and setting the points made a huge difference.
I'm fairly used to the right hand change but I must admit to a lack of
sensitivity with my left foot on the rear brake!

For anyone unfamiliar with the Condor A350, it's a Swiss Army bike (complete
with spike to get stones out of horses hooves) with a Ducati 350 single
motor.

http://www.ianellison.org.uk/Condor.jpg

IanE

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from the list please send an email to: st2_owners-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment