Pages

Ads 468x60px

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Re: [DucatiST] intercoms; where the bottom line is truly the bottom line

 

I REALLY can't hear Jennifer. She is on her own bike!

;-))

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 12:58 PM, alasdair cameron <thejockabroad@gmail.com> wrote:
 

Perhaps not being able to hear "She Who Must Be Obeyed" is not necessarily a bad thing??!!
 
My planned "winter project" is to make my own intercom.  I have all of the parts (total cost ~ US$25) from  a company called Partsexpress.com.
 
You can find the circuit diagram at:-
 
Don't ask me what this is going to turn out like from a quality point of view, but at least while I'm in the garage wielding a soldering iron, I'm not indoors listening to SWMBO.  (Come to think of it; I'll not be rounding off nut's and dropping things down inaccessable gaps on my beloved ST4S either....)
 
Remember the mantra "Do not try this at home.  We are trained professionals" before embarking on this although I have to say that normally that just provokes me into a challenge....
 
Have fun!
Alasdair
 
Vancouver, BC
Canada
2002 ST4S
1955 BDA B31
 


 
On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 7:15 AM, Joe Michaud <michaud_joe@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

Sadly, this is one of those areas where cost can definitely influence the overall experience. If one is willing to sacrifice audible quality, go with a lower priced system. Quality at speed is the first item to suffer. I got tired of yelling "WHAAAA?" at SWMBO.
Money spent on a poor-quality, unintelligible, garbled system is money wasted. I have done that. Save up for a good one. Your bike is the best, isn't it?




--
Jack Ward
'00 ST4 Ducati (New Street)
'00 ST2 Ducati (Street)
'97 748 Ducati (Race) WSMC #383, AHRMA #283
'92 750ss Ducati (Restoration Project)
'63 H-D Panhead (Old Ratbike)
Now in Woodstock, GA, USA

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from the list please send an email to: st2_owners-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment