Pages

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Re: [DucatiST] ST3 - first valve check

 

I've done it both ways 
Popping the heads off is they way to go 
Tricky

Sent from Tricky's I pad 


On 2012-02-29, at 6:16 PM, David Gooch <doghaus@rivernet.net> wrote:

 

It is easier to learn with the head on the bench, but it is not necessary to do the adjustment. If you think about it, they certainly don't drop the engine at the dealership. If you think the service is expensive now, imagine what it would be like if they had to drop the engine every time!

 

Dave G

 

From: st2_owners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:st2_owners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Richard
Sent: February-29-12 8:53 PM
To: st2_owners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [DucatiST] ST3 - first valve check

 




Sit down and think is it easier to pull the lump out or do it in frame ????



Sent from Tricky's I pad 

 


On 2012-02-29, at 2:33 PM, Jerry Duke <jerry.duke@gmail.com> wrote:

 

Hello,

I'm new to Ducati, been on BMW's for 30 years. I just bought a beautiful 07 ST3 and plan to do all the maintenance myself.

I've done valve adjustments for years but want to make sure I understand everything before attempting my first.

What can you tell me or where can I go to get info so I'm comfortable doing this?

I have LT's repair manual and got all the parts from Omaha Ducati and am not in any hurry.

Suggestions please.

Thanks,

Jerry Duke

Savannah, GA





No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4842 - Release Date: 02/29/12

=

=

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from the list please send an email to: st2_owners-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment