Pages

Ads 468x60px

Monday, April 30, 2012

[DucatiST] Bearing removal tool

 

I am working on replacing the bearings in my 04 ST3 (33,500 miles). The front left started to grind, so I decided to get a set of 4 for the front and rear.
I was able to remove the front bearings with a brass punch, but I cannot get and purchase on the rear wheel since it is deeper and doesn't seem to have as much space between the spacer and the bearing (could just be that the front bearing on the one side was messed up enough to give more space).

Either way, I need a tool that can remove the rear wheel bearings so that I can replace them. The Notch in the spacer seems promising, and I saw the diagram of a tool that LT made in his book for removing the bearings, but I was hoping to get some ideas for how to go about manufacturing it.

Do I just need to find a really long punch (drift) with a small point?

The shop manual just shows a drift, and doesn't mention the notch even as far as I can see.

Any help would be appreciated,

-Richard Goforth

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from the list please send an email to: st2_owners-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment