Pages

Ads 468x60px

Monday, April 30, 2012

[DucatiST] Re: St4s doesn't start, then fixed! Possible neutral switch? Spiders?..

 

I vote for the spiders.

--- In st2_owners@yahoogroups.com, "huss h" <husshardan@...> wrote:
>
> My 2003 St4s had been sitting for a few months unridden.
> Blame the combination of poor weekend weather/travel/new Guzzi.
> It had been on a battery tender the entire time.
>
> So yesterday I decided it was time, and rolled it out of the garage before starting. I normally start it in the garage, but had to move stuff around.
>
> Turn key, hear the pump prime, instrument lights seem all ok. Side stand up, bike in neutral, push the button. Nothing, not a peep.
> Pull clutch in, still in neutral, push button. Nothing (as in it's as if the key was in the off position).
> Swear, cuz there is a slight incline to push the bike back into the garage if I need to do that, which meant I had to call for help from the gf... So I cycle the sidestand up and down a few times in case the switch was sticky. Nothing.
> Last gasp, I put the bike in gear. Pull the clutch in. She starts as if nothing was wrong whatsoever. I breath a sigh of relief and go for a ride (about 60 miles) making sure I was not going to turn off the motor in the ride, just in case.
> When I got back home, I turned 'er off. Then with the bike in neutral, side stand up started her. Just like I had tried first thing in the morning. No problem, fires right up.
>
> So.... maybe some spiders (there are some in the garage) had put some webs in the wrong place? Maybe a sticky switch somewhere? Maybe the bike was just complaining because I had ignored her for oh so long?
>
> Hmm.
>
> Huss
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from the list please send an email to: st2_owners-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment