Pages

Ads 468x60px

Monday, April 30, 2012

RE: [DucatiST] St4s doesn't start, then fixed! Possible neutral switch? Spiders?..

 

> Turn key, hear the pump prime, instrument lights seem all ok. Side stand
up,
> bike in neutral, push the button. Nothing, not a peep.
> Pull clutch in, still in neutral, push button. Nothing (as in it's as if
the key was
> in the off position).
> Swear, cuz there is a slight incline to push the bike back into the garage
if I
> need to do that, which meant I had to call for help from the gf... So I
cycle
> the sidestand up and down a few times in case the switch was sticky.
> Nothing.
> Last gasp, I put the bike in gear. Pull the clutch in. She starts as if
nothing was
> wrong whatsoever. I breath a sigh of relief and go for a ride (about 60
miles)
> making sure I was not going to turn off the motor in the ride, just in
case.
> When I got back home, I turned 'er off. Then with the bike in neutral,
side
> stand up started her. Just like I had tried first thing in the morning.
No
> problem, fires right up.

Interesting - thanks Huss, something for me to try tomorrow. I'm tempted to
go and do it now but given it's half past midnight I might p!ss off a few
people...

IanE

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from the list please send an email to: st2_owners-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment